Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This was typed on the train, but as there was no internet... I couldn't send it from there. Almost 2/3rd's of the way... And man I'm tired of just sitting here doing nothing. Next time I want a holiday or need a rest, I will definitely try to organize a trip like this. There is absolutely nothing you can do on the train, but read and pray. Okay, and type newsletters... but of the 74 hours the laptop will last about 2, maybe 3! Yeah, so although it is boring sitting here, I am blessed to have time to read, pray and chat with the people. On the first day there was an American guy, David, here who I chatted with. He is working in a church in Yekaterinburg (Near the Ural mountains). It was an absolute blessing to fellowship with him. Please pray for David and the church he is leading in Yekaterinburg. Also in the "section" with me was a lady from Omsk. She got off an hour ago. I suppose she is about 50. And I can see that in her younger days she was absolutely stunning! Sharing the section with us is a couple (also not young) going to visit family somewhere in Siberia... They said the name, but I couldn't get it. After they repeated it the third time I just smiled at them. :) The conductor is a young guy who has been working for the railway for about 5 years. His name is Xenia. I shared the Gospel with him about two hours ago, but was interrupted. I'm praying that I'll have another opportunity to chat further with him. Please pray for more and more such opportunities. And that I'll be able to speak fearlessly and with boldness. Like Paul asked in Ephesians 6:19 "Pray that I will be given the message to speak and that I may fearlessly explain the mystery about the good news." I saw David (the American) on the train the first night speak and explain the Gospel to another guy. David has been working in Russia for about 7 years, so he didn't have any problem with the language. Pray for me that this barrier will also grow smaller and smaller as the Lord helps me to learn this language. I just feel so clear that this trip is to search out the land for future work the Lord wants to do here. Please keep praying for that. Pray that I'll be able to hear clearly from the Lord as to where and when I should go. And that I'll be able to make the right connections with the key people needed. If the Lord tells you anything as you pray, please feel free to e-mail me. My battery is almost finished... So, I'll say "Good night!" for now. It is strange traveling in this direction (Due east). Each day is about 1hour shorter. Some people still have there watches set on Moscow time, some on there final destination, and some on the place they got on half way here. Cause for lots of confusion!!! Just when do you eat lunch? Moscow time or your final destination time which is four hours difference... Then it already time to eat supper. Love you Al P.S. Now I know why I was blessed with a time of rest like that on the train. The conference was quite tiring. The chat with Xenia didn't go any further, I'm sad to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home