Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Greeting from a cooler Moscow!!! Yeah, winter is seriously on it's way... No, no snow yet, but I am surprised at the sudden drop in temperature. I hinted at a trip to Siberia in my previous letter. Wow, it is exciting to see how the Lord is working in this direction. I was planning to visit my friend Serioga from Plavni for his wedding in October. Well, due to a number of reasons it didn't work out. One of which was, I was still waiting for my new passport. Yip, this is the same one I applied for five months ago! Anyway. I would have applied for a new Russian visa. Eventually I realized that I'm not supposed to go to the Ukraine. So, then the Lord started to speak about this trip to Siberia. The day I get the ticket... I also get my passport. The person at the Embassy (who helped me very much!!!) was very apologetic about the passport taking so long. I could only say that the Lord had a hand in holding the little book back. I then also had a chance to testify to her about the Lord’s Grace, provision and absolute sovereignty in planning this trip. From the beginning I had the date 10 Oct in my mind as a departure date. Don't ask why... I just had. Then I heard about a conference in Abakan from the 13th to the 18th of October. I was under the impression the traveling time there will be five days. So I thought of leaving the 8th. Only to find out that in fact the trip will take me three days. Okay, so with this date set in my heart I leave for the ticket office. Not even out the door and Phillip, from Oudtshoorn, South Africa, SMSs me... "Money deposited into your account" This was the money needed for the ticket. Next. The lady at the ticket office tells me that if I were to leave the 10th, I would arrive there early the 14th. NO! Now what? I asked her about leaving the 9th, only to find out that it will cost 1000 rubles more. Okay, point taken! I'll take the 10th. Like the Lord told me in the beginning! That is why I'm saying I'm so excited. Because it is so clear that the Lord is planning something great!!! I'll be leaving the evening of the 10th. And have not yet bought the return ticket. I was praying about the dates... and I have had no answer from God about the return date... I thought I would know the return date by the time I bought the ticket. Speaking with Hugo and some of the other guys here they advised that I buy the ticket there as you never know what will happen next. So, please pray for me. Pray that I'll make the right contacts, and speak to the people I am supposed to. Pray for this conference. It will be held by a bunch of people coming from America. Pray that the Lord will give me vision about future outreaches that will be taken out there with students. Pray for my train trip. I'll be going "platzkart" - an open wagon with beds - 3rd class. This is great opportunity for ministry as there is not much personal space, but as you know me by now... I like my personal space. Please pray that even in this I'll be able to seek the Lord’s will and speak to the right people. Pray for the rest of the finances needed. Also pray for the people at the Embassy. I'm here because the Lord called me. And when it gets difficult, I know I'm here because He wants me here and He has a greater plan with my life. But the people at the Embassy are here because our President called them. Please pray that the Lord will show them His Grace and Mercy! Albert & Carrien two missionaries from South Africa working in Kemerovo - Siberia should be back there by the 18th Oct. I would love to visit them as well. Please pray that this will be possible. Pray that their plans to return Russia will also work out! I pray that the Lord will bless you for the absolute blessing you have been to me! In Russian the Christians greet each other with "S Bogum" This means - Go with God. S Bogum! Al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home