Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hi there!

You must be wondering what on earth is happening. I'm sending out so many letters... Well, I'm wondering myself!

Whenever Carol Singleton is in Moscow, and not ministering elsewhere, we have prayer at her house on Wednesday evenings.
One of the things we were praying about last night is my finances.
The easiest way of reaching young people in Russia, is to study at the University.
If I enroll at MGU - I will need to have my support base doubled.
But again I realized that the money is just one small part of getting me to MGU.


We need prayer!
And lots of it!

You received the e-mail about the persecution. And it is great to know that as you look back in church history, the church has only bloomed when it was persecuted.
The fact however still remains.
WE NEED PRAYER!!!
We need our "partners in the Gospel" (Philippians1) to stand in the GAP for us.
You know the story of the unjust judge.
The old lady wanted justice for her case, and she went to the unjust judge who couldn't care a hoot about her or her case. She was nagging him so much that he eventually gave in and helped her. Now if the unjust judge gave justice... How much more will the Lord help us if we ask Him.

So, the principle behind it all is this!
We need you, to ask the Lord, and not just to ask once but to keep on asking Him.

And what is it that you need to ask Him?
Where shall we begin?

Like I said in my previous newsletter.
It is only through prayer that this "hard ground" of the past will be broken up.
It is only the Lord’s Spirit that can call people to Him.
It is only Jesus that can save people.
We need to ask Him to do it and show us how we can be His hands and feet here in Moscow.

Pray for open doors.
We need to make contact with the right people.
Like at the MGU. I can't preach the gospel there if I'm not allowed on the campus.
I can't tell people about what Jesus has done for them if I can speak to people.

Pray for the necessary finances.
Not only is Moscow an expensive city to live in, but there are also "ministry" expenses.

Please pray for our health!
Quite a number of the Mission Russia team has been ill in the last couple of months. Louise has just come out of the hospital with Nephrites... Who knows how you spell that? Some sort of infection in her kidneys.

We need protection!
And it is only the Lord that can keep us safe. He alone can keep our health what it should be, only He can protect our documents from being stolen!
Often the girls have to travel on the metros alone. Only Jesus can be there always!
Please pray for our protection!

Pray that the Lord will have mercy on the nation!
Pray that He will show them His favour!
Pray that He will turn their lives around!
Pray that He will give them a hope and a future!

That is but to mention a few prayer points.
When you've prayed through all of these... Pray some more, and ask the Lord to show you what He wants you to pray for.

You can also praise the Lord for all the great things He has done for us here!
He has called us to this great nation!
He has opened a way for us to be here!

There are so many little things where He just shows how Awesome He is. And I must confess that I am not always faithful in telling you about the blessings.
Like the camp with the students that I went on.
I heard about it and thought I would like to go. But when it can time for them to buy the train tickets, I still didn't have enough money.
We needed to leave the Saturday, and I got the money for the camp that Friday about lunchtime.
My passport was still in for registration, and there was no way I would be able to go with out it.
Eventually we went the Saturday morning before we left (at 11am) and bought my ticket with a photo copy of my passport.
It is only by the Grace of God that the police didn't stop me and make problems about not having my passport.
At the ticket office we found that... all the 3rd class tickets were sold out, so I had to get 2nd class.
As it turned out, I got a coupè of my own, and the rest of the guys that went on the camp could join me there.
I will soon have the camp pictures on the web.
Will let you know when.

But, the moral of the story is this... Praise the Lord!


Enough from me.
May the Lord bless you and keep you safe in His hands.

Al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home