Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Hi Wow! I have already been in Reni for almost 4 weeks! Ockert and family have all gone to Kiev to take Pappa & Mamma Hannes to the airport. Their driver is uncertain about driving in the "big city" so they have asked if they could use my cell phone. At the same time we have been having computer (Internet) problems. So, here I find myself with no means of contacting the "outside world". No SMS', no e-mails... I even tried the Internet cafe. No go! Therefore! Here I am. All by myself, but as I was walking to the shop I realized that my time of getting settled in - is over. Now, the work starts... Now, I don't have anyone or thing to hang on to. Now, it is sink or swim, it’s do or die. Guess what I will swim! I will "DO" I will "GO" and achieve what the Lord has asked of me to do. He said, “Tell others of my love, grace and mercy!” So. My walk through town was different. It was as if I we walking in Reni for the first time! I saw a "Babushka" - "Grandmother", she had the most beautiful eyes, open, clear and loving! I told her in broken Russian phrases... "Jesus loves you" and "You are pretty - in God's eyes". She just smiled at me and said that she did not understand Russian. She is Moldovian. Yeow! What do you know... I don't have a cooking clue how to repeat that in Moldovskie! So I gave her a friendly smile and said, “Good bye!” in Russian which she understood. It is going very well with the language. I can't speak Russian yet, but one of these days! In the beginning I had a big problem with the people, with whom I am staying. I couldn't understand them, and they couldn't understand me. As I was their guest I felt I had to spend some time with them, but this was very frustrating! The Lord has really been helping me with this. We are now chatting and communicating very well. Every now and then - there comes a word or a phrase that we can't get across. Then - we just wait till someone can translate for us. It is going good with Stjoppa and Saltan. I am off to Plavni again today. We have started a Bible study with the two of them. I think this will not only be a great time of learning for the two of them but also for Seroge. I pray that he will be greatly encouraged with this. Encouragement is something we all need! If the Lord has called a person to do His work, then the person called, is qualified, be sure of this, God doesn't make mistakes! But so often - we get discouraged by circumstances and the attitude of people around us - or by what they say. It is important to look to God and to focus on Him and not to be swayed by what we perceive around us.. It is also important to look around you: To see how the Lord is busy in other peoples lives and to encourage them with that. Remember, when you are in the middle of something, it looks very "deurmekaar" and sometimes all you need is someone to give you a bit of perspective... and everything then - looks completely different. I want to challenge you: Encourage at least one person today. (This wasn't a hint that you should encourage me...) Some prayer and praise points: @ Praise the Lord for the work he is doing with Stjoppa and Saltan. @ Praise the Lord for Seroge, and what the Lord is doing in his life. I think he has a great time ahead of him. @ Praise the Lord that I can be in Reni and do what He has called me to do! @ Praise the Lord for His mercy on me with the language. @ Praise the Lord for He is GOOD! * Please pray for the guys in Plavni. * Pray that Stjoppa will be strong: to submit to God and able to resist the Devil. * Please pray for the bible study in Plavni. * Please continue to pray for the English lessons. This is going good, but I need lots of help from the Father. * Please pray for the church in Reni, Svet Miro - "Light of the world". The people need a lot of encouragement to start doing the works, and speaking the words of Jesus. May the Lord bless you, and keep you safe in his hands. Al the Pote

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home