Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Hi, This week I went to the biggest bazaar I have ever seen... Come to think of it, I have only seen two other bazaars! Still, it was monumental. I walked around for three hours, got lost, and still didn't see everything. Right at the end I came across a map. Didn't help me much then! When I arrived at Reni, Ockert told me about a Radio Station he wanted to establish in Reni. I thought I would love to help with it, but I don't want to do anything that the Lord is not telling me to do. I prayed, and prayed, for leading, and asked the Lord to show me what He wants for me.  During this time I have seen a number of "signs" pointing to the radio station. I was so afraid of snatching at just any sign I see and thinking this is God - only to find - after six months that this was the flesh and not the Lord’s will. On the 21st (my b-day) Michelle held a party for me. While together Ockert and I spoke about the radio station. Later, on the bus to Plavni. I asked the Lord what He wants me to do about the radio. Am I to be involved – or not – what does He want? The Lord caused me remember something: Hugo from Mission Russia said, "Take every opportunity!"... And I thought this is a good motto not only for my time in the Ukraine but for all time thereafter…  I have accepted this as being a Rhema Word and the matter is settled in my mind…but as the bus carried on the Lord reminded me about some of the "sign boards" He has put up along my "road". One is a scripture Jer: 29:7 "But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare." It is also amazing how many scriptures there are that speak of lifting the Lord’s Name on high - Like a radio tower. So, after my three-month visa is completed I will go home and prepare to return to Reni. I thank the Lord that He is bigger than I, and that he sees so much further than I do.  I was stressed out about only getting a three-month visa. Now I will be able to go home… and explore the matter of establishing a radio station. I feel the telegramme from God about my future has been delivered.  Please pray that my time in South Africa will be fruitful concerning this. Please start praying for the Radio Station. Pray that the Lord will have his way with it, that only His will will be done and that He will get all the Glory!!! Praise the Lord for this wonderful thing he is about to do in Reni, the Ukraine and the surrounding countries. Like I said, Louis Britz (South African gospel singer) is coming to Reni. They will be here from the 1st to the 5th of November, holding shows and various other things. Please pray that all will go well with that. Please pray that there will be no problems with the authorities.  Pray that we will be able to attract lots of youths and older people and that they may be open to what the Lord wants to do in their lives. Please pray that this will not be just another concert... but that the effects of this will still be felt years later. The Language is coming on... slowly but surely. Thanks for your prayers for that. I don't know where I would have been if God didn't help me with the language!!! It is not going so well with the English classes. Please pray about this. Pray that I will be creative and also that I will be faithful with the task given to me. Thank you for all your prayers!!! May the Lord bless you. Al the Pote P.S. It started to snow today... Wow! Its pretty! And God is even prettier for making it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home